Kick inflammation to the curb by drinking a cup of turmeric milk also known as 'golden milk'. The health benefits of all the listed ingredients are many, however, the stars of this recipe are turmeric and ginger. Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger helps digestion, soothes gastrointestinal upset, and also combats inflammation. Blend, heat, and enjoy!
- 2 cups of unsweetened alternative milk (almond, brown rice, hemp, oat, or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon dried turmeric (or one-half inch fresh turmeric thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger (or one-half inch fresh ginger thinly sliced)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 grind of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey or to taste
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Throw all ingredients into a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into saucepan
- Heath through over medium-low heat
- Do not boil!
- Strain if pulp is undesirable
- Pour into favorite mug and enjoy!
Let me know what you think about this recipe in the comments below!
-Dr. Kate Bodenberg